Fat transfer recovery
After the procedure, it’s normal to experience bruising, swelling and general discomfort as the body begins its natural healing process.
In the majority of cases, swelling and bruising is usually minor and will subside within two weeks after the procedure.
Because everyone is different, you will have your own recovery instructions to follow after your procedure with fat injections, but generally, all patients may be advised to:
- Avoid strenuous exercise for two weeks
- Avoid excessive heat exposure for two weeks
- Keep puncture sites clean to avoid infection
- Take care of your overall health – eat healthy, stay hydrated and make sure to get enough sleep
- Return to the clinic for follow up appointments, to monitor the recovery process and the results
When you follow your recovery instructions, you will be helping to minimise potential risks and support your body to heal. If you notice any concerning symptoms during your recovery, please contact the clinic or visit your GP.